Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 23
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
Bachelor of Health Science
JOB OPPORTUNITIES - NON-UNION
Physiotherapist - Casual (0.2 casual)
POSTING NUMBER: 140471
Regular Weekends and occasional weekdays
(Subject to change in accordance with Operational Requirements)
* MSc or BSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent
* Registered and in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
* Recent experience providing physiotherapy in an inpatient adult physical medicine setting, preferably orthopaedic and general surgery
* Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to managing a surgical caseload
* Demonstrated leadership ability within a multi-disciplinary team
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an interprofessional patient care team
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with excellent time management and
organizational skills required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
* Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
* Excellent attendance and work record
* Will be required to travel between and work at all hospital campuses, including weekend coverage
As a member of the Corporate Physiotherapy team, you will provide quality physiotherapy services within the surgical program and may provide coverage across the organization as assigned. The successful applicant must be available for regular weekend shifts, and additional weekday availability is preferred. As a member of the interprofessional care team you will work with the patients/families and other team members to assess and treat patients to prepare patients for timely and appropriate discharges. You will be responsible for providing education and consultation to patients, their families, team members and community partners as appropriate. You will practice in accordance with the physiotherapy standards of practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday May 7, 2014
POSTED: Wednesday April 30, 2014
*Please note that only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted
**In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.ca