Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 25
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE PT
Registered Practical Nurse - One (1) Part Time
Emergency - Etobicoke General Hospital
Currently, Days/Nights, 12hrs
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
* Current registration, and in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
* Current BCLS - HCP
* Doctors Order Transcription course
* Current Medication Administration Certificate (within the last year)
* Certification in phlebotomy, health assessment, catherization and IV
* Minimum of 2 years recent related experience
* Experience in an Emergency Department or related setting preferred
* One (1) year Medical/Surgical experience required
* Physical Assessment Course preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge, experience and ability to care for patients with the following:
* initiation and maintenance of IV therapy
* administration of medication above the drip chamber
* blood collection and blood product administration, normal and abnormal blood values
* blood glucose monitoring
* nasogastric tube,
* wound management skills
* routine infection control practices
* Demonstrated knowledge of patient and family-centred care
* Excellent communication/interpersonal and organizational skills
* Ability to function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
* Ability to work in a highly stressful and fast paced environment
* Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task efficiently
* Demonstrated commitment to continued professional growth through continuing education programs and self directed learning opportunities
* Excellent attendance and work record
* May be required to travel between and work at all hospital campuses
To assist in the provision of care to designated patients in the Emergency Department in a team nursing model. Duties may include Specimen Collection, Medication administration, Treatment and Health Care Teaching.
SALARY: Minimum: $26.38 per hour
Maximum: $28.55 per hour
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, September 11, 2013
In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application.
POSTED: Wednesday, September 04, 2013
*In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume with your application
*Only those selected for interview will be notified