Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 27
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT - CS
Access and Flow
JOB OPPORTUNITIES - C.U.P.E.
Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Assistant - Casual (0.2 FTE)
Primary Service Area - Corporate
Corporate Professional Practitioners (OT & PT)
HOURS:Days - Saturday and Sunday, alternate week-ends, plus coverage during the week as required
(Subject to change in accordance with Operational Requirements)
* Two Year Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification from a recognized Canadian Community College
* Required to have dual training as an OTA & PTA
* Recent experience in adult physical medicine including General Medicine, Neurology, Surgery, Rehabilitation and Geriatrics preferred
* Minimum of 2 years recent related experience
* Ability to speak, read & write the English language
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, with both the public and interdisciplinary team members
* Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with excellent time management and organizational skills required
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize responsibilities and tasks
* Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
* Physical ability to do job duties as assigned; demonstrated knowledge of body mechanics to prevent musculoskeletal injuries
* Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
* Proven attendance and work record
As a member of the Corporate Professional Practitioners Department, you will assist the Physiotherapists and/or Occupational Therapists within various units across the organization as assigned. You will be responsible for the provision of assigned OT and/or PT interventions to patients referred within the assigned unit(s). You will work with the patients/families and team to actively help rehabilitate each patient to achieve his/her maximum functional level through planned therapeutic programs. You may help stock supplies as well as oversee equipment maintenance and department ordering.
Minimum: $26.10 per hour
Maximum: $28.25 per hour
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
POSTED: Wednesday, June 19th, 2013
*Please note that only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted
**In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.ca