Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 27
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE PT
Children's Mental Health
Registered Practical Nurse - One (1) Part Time
Child & Adolescent Unit - Brampton Civic Hospital
Evenings //Nights, 8 hour shifts
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
* Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
* 2-3 years current child and adolescent mental health experience required
* Demonstrated knowledge of child and adolescent mental health issues
* Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
* Demonstrated ability to respond to crisis situations
* Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience with group therapy would be an asset
* Current Medication Administration Certificate
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent attendance record
* May be required to travel between and work at all hospital sites
Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will function as a member of a multidisciplinary team providing direct nursing
care for children and adolescents with serious mental health problems. Responsibilities include performing mental status
assessment, provision of individual and group counselling, supportive interaction with family members, collaboration with
community providers, and maintaining the therapeutic milieu of the unit.
Nursing skills are carried out through the application of knowledge, the use of nursing process, and adherence to the ethics and
competencies outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario. The functions of this position will be performed in a caring,
professional, and non-judgmental manner using ethical and evidence based practice guidelines. The successful
candidate will have current knowledge of childhood mental illness, concurrent disorders, the mental health system, and the
Mental Health Act of Ontario.
Minimum: $26.10 per hour
Maximum: $28.25 per hour
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 1st, 2013
POSTED: Friday, January 25th, 2013
*Please note that only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted
**In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.ca