Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 28
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is no longer available *
REGISTERED NURSE PT
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Registered Nurse - One (1) Part Time A
Geriatric Inpatients, Mental Health - Brampton Civic Hospital
Currently, Days/Evenings, 8hr shifts
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
* Current annual certificate of competency with the College of Nurses of Ontario
* Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing combined with current and demonstrated geriatric mental health clinical experience
* CNA certification in psychiatric mental health nursing and in Gerontological nursing or willingness to obtain within 2 years of employment
* Knowledge of crisis intervention model
* Current CPR certificate required
* Strong knowledge of the principles of Crisis Intervention
* Ability to recognize and intervene in clinical and psychosocial situations where management of behaviours are required
* Knowledge of all relevant medications and their possible side effects
* Sound working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Long Term Care Act, Public Hospital Act, Substitute Decisions Act and the Regulated Health Professionals Act
* Excellent communication, facilitation and problem solving skills
* Able to work within an inter-disciplinary team with good assessment skills
* Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
* May be required to travel between and work at all three hospital campuses
The applicant must perform mental status assessment and provide one to one supportive therapy. The ability to collaborate with the inter-disciplinary team and to provide biopsychosocial health teaching to patients. Family involvement is emphasized and the implementation of crisis intervention model is instituted. The applicant may be required to work on other units in the Mental Health Program. The applicant must be a team player.
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Tuesday, January 22, 2012
*In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualification summary with your online application.
**Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.on.ca
Pre-employment checks required:
No pre-employment checks are required for this vacancy.
© Powered by Virtuo|HR