Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 27
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
Access and Flow
JOB OPPORTUNITIES - NON-UNION
Physiotherapist - One (1) Permanent Part Time (.2/Casual)
Corporate Physiotherapy - Assigned to Orthopedic Surgery, Brampton Civic Site
POSTING NUMBER: 130001
Weekends: 1-2/month, with some shifts available for week-day coverage.
(Subject to change in accordance with Operational Requirements)
* BSc or MSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent
* Registered and in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
* Recent experience in adult physical medicine including Orthopedic Surgical, General Medicine, Neurology, General Surgical, Emergency and Geriatrics preferred
* Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to orthopedic surgical clients
* Experience working within an interdisciplinary team approach and with PTAs.
* Demonstrated leadership ability within a multi-disciplinary team
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an interprofessional patient care team
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with excellent time management and
organizational skills required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
* Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
* Excellent attendance and work record
* Knowledge of community resources an asset
* Will be required to do week-end coverage.
As a member of the Surgical Team, you will provide quality physiotherapy services on the Orthopedic Surgical & Short Stay units. You will be responsible for the provision of physiotherapy services to patients referred within the assigned unit and provide care in accordance with surgical care paths. As a member of the interprofessional care team you will work with the patients/families and other team members to assess and treat patients to prepare patients for timely and appropriate discharges. You will be responsible for providing education and consultation to patients, their families, team members and community partners as appropriate. You will practice in accordance with the physiotherapy standards of practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013
POSTED: Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
*Please note that only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted
**In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.ca