Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 28
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
HRT - CODING/ABSTRACTING
Health Information Managment
POSITION: OWU ***Reposted as permanent position***
Health Records Technician/Professional Clinical Coder (Coding & Abstacting) - One (1)Full Time
Health Information Management - Corporate Position - BCH
POSTING NUMBER: 122133
HOURS: Currently, must be available to work Days, Monday to Friday
(subject to change in accordance with the operational requirements)
* Graduate of a recognized Health Record Information Management Program
* Active CHIMA membership
* Minimum 5 years DAD and NACRS coding experience using ICD-10/CCI and current knowledge of CIHI guidelines for a National Academy Care Reporting Systems (NACRS)
* Computerized abstracting experience; WINRECS preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CIHI coding queries, Meditech and eHIM (Solcom preferred)
* Must have an understanding and knowledge of CMG (Complexity)
* Ability to apply data quality practices and standards to coding and abstracting functions
* Must have excellent organizational, data interpretation and communication and critical thinking skills
* Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
* Must be willing/able to work from home, as per the hospital criteria, after successfully completing probationary period, if requested by the hospital
* Will be required to travel and work between all hospital campuses
National Ambulatory Care Reporting Systems (NACRS) - Emergency/Clinic coding and abstracting using CIHI Standards and ICD-10CA/CCI to ensure the accurate and effective grouping. Clarification of uncertain clinical information in support of accurate data collection. Use of abstracting and report generation to ensure data submission/distribution to internal and external customers. Collaboration with the Registration, Decision Support, and Finance Teams to enhance quality decision-making and accurate funding based on the clinical data. Participate in projects for the improvement of Data Quality. Practice self-development and continuous learning to enhance your skills and expand your expertise as a Health Information Management Professional. Other job functions as necessary to support the Health Information Management Team.
SALARY: Minimum: $24.13 per hour
Maximum: $27.04 per hour
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Tuesday, April 24, 2013
*Please note that only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted
**In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.ca