Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 13
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE PT
Children's Mental Health
Registered Practical Nurse - One (1) Part Time
Child & Adolescent Unit - Brampton Civic Hospital
HOURS: HOURS: HOURS: Currently, 8hrs - 12hrs Days/Evenings/Nights, Weekend and Holiday Rotation
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
* Current Ontario Certificate of Competence
* 2-3 years current child and adolescent mental health experience required
* Demonstrated knowledge of child and adolescent mental health issues
* Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
* Demonstrated ability to respond to crisis situations
* Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience with group therapy would be an asset
* Current Medication Administration Certificate
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent attendance record
* May be required to travel between and work at all hospital sites
Reporting to the Manager, Children's Mental Health, the successful candidate will function as a member of a multidisciplinary team providing direct nursing care for children and adolescents with serious mental health problems. Responsibilities include performing mental status assessment, provision of individual and group counseling, supportive interaction with family members, collaboration with community providers, and maintaining the therapeutic milieu of the unit.
Nursing skills are carried out through the application of knowledge, the use of nursing process, and adherence to the ethics and competencies outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario. The functions of this position will be performed in a caring, professional, and non-judgmental manner using ethical and evidence based practice guidelines. The successful candidate will have current knowledge of childhood mental illness, concurrent disorders, the mental health system, and the
Mental Health Act of Ontario.
SALARY: Minimum: $26.10 per hour Maximum: $28.25 per hour
Posted: Friday, Dec 7, 2012
Internal Application Deadline: Dec 14, 2012
*In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your on-line application
Please apply online at www.williamoslerhs.ca
*Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted*