Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 25
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
REGISTERED NURSE- FT
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Registered Nurse - One (1) Full Time (1.0 FTE)
DEPARTMENT/CAMPUS: Paediatrics Unit - Brampton Civic Hospital Main site.
POSTING NUMBER: 122079
Currently, 12-hour shifts, days/nights, with weekend and holiday rotation
(Subject to change in accordance with the operational requirements)
You will provide family-centered nursing care to children along the continuum of care up to age 18. You will assess the nursing needs and provide care to support children and families as they experience illness and the response of treatment. You will develop and implement a nursing plan of care in collaboration with the child/family and the interdisciplinary health care team. You will maintain clinical competence and knowledge base through continued education and life long learning.
* Current registration with the College of Ontario Nurses
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to utilize your critical thinking, problem solving and teamwork abilities.
* Must have minimum one year experience in an active paediatric inpatient unit
* IV start and phlebotomy skills preferred
* Experience/knowledge of paediatric triage system an asset
* BSCN or evidence of working towards an asset
* Current NRP and CPR required
* Keen interest in caring for children
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
* Paediatric Assessment Course required or enrollment within first year of employment
* Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
* May be required to work at all hospitals of William Osler
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, December 10th, 2012
POSTED: Monday, December 3rd, 2012
*Please note that only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted
**In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.ca