Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 25
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
MEDICAL LAB ASSISTANT PT
Medical Laboratory Assistant - One (1) Part Time
Emergency Department - Brampton Civic Hospital
Currently 8 and 12 hour Days/Evenings/Nights, but may be required to rotate through all shifts and 12-hour shifts to cover vacation and sick call
Every other weekend
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
* Graduate of a certified Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician Program
* Must have certification and registration with OSMT and/or CSMLS
* Excellent organization and communication skills
* Must have experience drawing blood from neonates, capillary blood draws, paediatric oncology and mental health patients
* Must perform ECG's
* Hospital experience is preferred
* Good organizational/prioritization skills
* Must remain calm while performing tasks
* Strong Medical Terminology
* Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
* Meditech experience is an asset
* May be required to travel between and work at all hospital campuses
JOB SUMMARY: Performs venipuncture and capillary collections. Performs ECG's. Some computer data entry. Contribute to ensuring a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Friday, December 7, 2012
In order be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your online application.
Friday, November 30, 2012
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.ca
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.