Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 14
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
AIR CONDIDTIONING/REFRIG MECHANIC
JOB OPPORTUNITIES - C.U.P.E.
One (1) Full-time H.V.A.C. / Refrigeration Mechanic
Engineering & Maintenance - Etobicoke General Hospital
POSTING NUMBER: 122054
Day and Evening shifts, on call and rotating weekend shifts as required.
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
- Minimum three (3) years recent related experience
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Valid Ontario trade Certificate of Qualification required
- Able to read, interpret and work from blueprints and drawings
- Able to work alone or with little supervision and as part of a team
- Able to lift heavy objects, frequent prolonged standing/walking, pushing/pulling, and working from a ladder
- Good English communications skills, both oral and written
- Previous maintenance experience in a hospital and an understanding of current Healthcare standards/ related codes and an Asbestos Awareness training would be an asset
- Valid G drivers license
Perform preventive maintenance, servicing and repair of boilers, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and refrigeration systems as required.
- Operate and maintain plant service equipment such as steam boilers, chillers, cooling towers, water treatment equipment, fans, pumps, valves, heat exchangers, heat wheels, coils, walk-in coolers/freezers, dampers, mixing boxes.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, maintain and service HVAC controls utilizing the building automation system (BAS) and pneumatic controls.
- Respond to fire alarms and operate fire alarm equipment as required
- Strong patient and client communication and service relations
Observes all safety regulations and practices.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
*Please note that only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted
**In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application
Please apply online at: www.williamoslerhs.ca