Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 22
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
REGISTERED NURSE PT A
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Registered Nurse - Two (2) Part Time A
Endoscopy Unit - Etobicoke General Hospital
Currently, 8 hour Days with some weekends and on call.
(Subject to change in accordance with the operational requirements)
* Current registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
* Commitment to obtain certification with CSGNA within two years required
* Competence with technology and assisting with invasive diagnostic procedures required
* Experience in ER an asset
* Competence in IV initiation and maintenance required
* Minimum 3 years recent experience in acute Medical/Surgical or Critical Care nursing required
* Minimum 2 years recent endoscopy experience required
* Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking and comprehension)
* Current BCLS required
* Demonstrated competence in administration and monitoring of patients receiving conscious sedation, including: ECG monitoring, NIBP and pulse oximetry required.
* PACU experience an asset
* Member of the Canadian Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (CSGNA) or commitment to do so within 6 months
* Demonstrated focus and commitment to customer service
* Demonstrated ability to work in an acute and fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking skills necessary.
* Experience with Meditech Clinical Modules including on-line documentation required
* Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships with Physicians and Colleagues and all levels of staff within and outside of the department.
* Physical Assessment Course and Coronary Care Course Level 1 preferred
* Excellent attendance and work record required
* Commitment to continuous learning required
* Demonstrated leadership and outstanding organizational skills required
* Must be quality orientated, highly motivated and self directed with a positive attitude towards change.
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
* Ability to travel and work at all campuses as required
As a member of the Endoscopy Team you will report to the Patient Care Manager and work closely with Physicians and assist with
various procedures performed in the suite. You will rotate through all aspects of patient care and flow through the department from
admission to discharge. This includes rotation into the PACU for the recovery of patients from conscious sedation. You will be required
to rotate through an on-call schedule that includes weekends and stat holidays.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
*In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume with your on-line application