Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 21
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
RRT (REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST) -
Registered Respiratory Therapist - One (1) Temporary Full Time
This role is for approximately 14 months or until incumbent returns
Respiratory Therapy - Brampton Civic Hospital & Etobicoke General Hospital
Currently, Days/Nights, 12-hour shifts
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program
- Member in good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Member of C.S.R.T. and R.T.S.O. preferred
- Current BCLS, ACLS, NRP certification
- Current PALS certification preferred
- Current certification in Adult Intubation and Adult Radial Arterial Line insertion
- Current certification in Neonatal Intubation preferred
- Actively participates in continuing education
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and supportively in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical expertise, critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Consulting as a resource to the patient care team regarding cardio-respiratory technical and/or clinical issues
- Respiratory assessment of the Adult, Paediatric and Neonatal patient
- Ongoing application, maintenance and calibration of cardio-respiratory support devices and monitoring equipment including advanced ventilatory modalities and ventilatory strategies.
- Providing expertise in airway management
- Providing expertise in the initiation and application of O2 therapy and adjuncts
- Providing expertise in the delivery of medication by inhalation
- Consulting with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team in devising a plan of care
- Utilizes evidenced based guidelines in the practice of Respiratory Therapy
- Reporting workload measures and participating in quality assurance activities
- Other related duties as assigned
INTERNAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, November 15, 2012
POSTED: Thursday, November 08, 2012
*In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your on-line application
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.WILLIAMOSLERHS.CA
*Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted*