Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 24
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
* This vacancy is now closed *
CLINICAL CARE LEADER
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
POSITION: NonUnion Reposted
Clinical Care Leader - One (1) Full Time
Emergency Services - Etobicoke General Hospital
Currently, Days with the occasional weekends
(subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
You aspire to be a leader and grow within the Emergency Program. You will be responsible for managing the Emergency Department in the absence of the Patient Care Manager. This leadership position requires you to act as a mentor/preceptor to all staff enhancing professional growth and development from novice to expert. You are accountable to the Patient Care Manager to manage day-to-day operations ensuring quality patient care and to identify any barriers to meeting quality care up to and including discipline.
" Current registration, and in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
" Baccalaureate degree or in active pursuit
" ENCC or Emergency Certification preferred
" Involvement in related professional organizations
" Minimum five years progressive experience in Emergency Care
" Previous Leadership/Management/Supervisory experience an asset
" Effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills
" Commitment to the growth and development of self and others
" Demonstrates professionalism and enthusiasm in working with others
" Demonstrates skill as a mentor, leader, facilitator, and conflict manager
" Supports a practice model that encourages accountability, mutual respect, shared planning cooperation, shared experience and decision making with a common goal.
" Clear understanding of patient care standards and the promotion of professionalism in a multidisciplinary team environment
" Ability to manage change and foster an environment which promotes personal accountability
" Embraces evidence-based practice, & best practice guidelines
" Demonstrates critical and analytical thinking skills
" Team player and consensus builder with a wide range of stakeholders
Roles and Responsibilities for the Clinical Care Leader
- Models and demonstrates behaviour consistent with Best Practice Guidelines (BPG`s) for Transformational Leadership, including;
- Building relationships and trust
- Creating an empowering work environment
- Creating a culture that supports knowledge and development
- Leading and sustaining change
- Models and demonstrates behaviors consistent with Best Practice Guidelines for Collaborative Practice including open honest communication
- Assists in the development of values, structures and processes to foster collaborative relationships
- Supports a practice model that encourages accountability, mutual respect, shared planning, cooperation, shared experience and decision making with a common goal and vision.
Customer Service/Clinical Performance
The Clinical Care Leader is proactive and creative in expediting patient movement within the Health Centre
- Identifies practices, critical incidents, hazards and deficiencies which may impact on patient safety, and works with the manager/educator to develop strategies to prevent further occurrences. Including assisting staff to complete incident reports and investigating incidents and providing feedback to the manager
- Facilitates patient flow both within the department and within the hospital, by addressing waiting times, offloading issues, admissions, transfers and discharges
- Responsible for Performance management, performance development and attendance management in collaboration with the Patient Care Manager
- Recruits and hires staff in collaboration with the Patient Care Manager
*In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your on-line application
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.WILLIAMOSLERHS.CA